Since 2010, Amanda L. Moressi has been the supervising attorney for real estate taxation assessment complaints. Prior to joining the firm, Amanda served as In-House Counsel for the Cook County Treasurer's Office where she analyzed the Illinois Property Tax Code, statutory and case law and local ordinances on issues pertaining to real estate valuation, taxation, and refunds.
JD, Loyola University Law School, Louisiana
LLM, European Union Studies from Universidad de Carlos III de Madrid, Spain. As a result of her studies, Amanda is fluent in Spanish.
- S. District Court, Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Over 10 years of experience in various Illinois counties filing assessment valuation complaints with the Assessor and Board of Review, circuit court specific tax assessment objections and Property Tax Appeal Board complaints
- Lead attorney for all assessment valuation complaints and appeals on behalf of private investment funds, supervising and training assistant attorneys and staff, creating over $26 million in additional value to clients’ portfolios
- Litigated for Illinois homeowners, public corporations, financial institutions, private investors, and title companies in commercial litigation, eminent domain, real estate taxation, and probate matters
- Moressi and Salyer developed the firm’s practice in Oil and Gas rights covering litigation against oil companies and working interest operators, and navigating the technical landscape when oil and gas law intersects with property taxation
- Represented clients before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois during pending tax sales in state court, covering violations of the automatic stay, post-confirmation litigation, and adversarial proceedings.
- Litigation arbitration and mediation
- Numerous appeals, including interlocutory appeals, and presenting oral argument in various Illinois appellate districts
- Chicago Bar Association leader Real Estate Taxation, 2010 to present
- American Bar Association